Friday, October 28, 2011

Fibro Friday: PT Test Results

Well, I had a few takers on my little experiment.  Thanks for all who tried it out.  Most people that tried it just ended up standing there and nothing happened.  For me, in less than 7 seconds I was over like a ton of bricks.  My physical therapist had to catch me.  And when I showed my family and my oldest, she just kept saying “do it again!”  She thought it was so funny.

So what does it all mean????  It has to do with your sense of balance and your core strength.  Now, I have always known that my equilibrium has been off and my core strength is horrible.  Interestingly, my therapist also asked about ear infections and sinus infections growing up and said that would affect my inner balance also.  And in these last few weeks I have actually been fighting a sinus infection.  So that’s what the test explains.  My therapist also said the more you do it the better you would become at it.  So guess I’ll have to keep practicing. 

1 comment:

E said...

Makes sense &I I know balance is something that can be improved. Thanks for sharing the results! Facebook never alerts me to things that actually pertain to me anymore, so I'm glad you posted to my wall and I luckily saw it there! God bless!

Erica